CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The First Night Home

Wow. I miss the nurses and sending Kailey to the nursery. We got home with Kailey and kinda didnt know what to do with her. We took some pictures, sat and looked at her. We fed her, changed her diaper and then realized it was bedtime - for us. Kailey had other plans. This peanut never cried in the hospital. She saved it for home. I took the first shift from 11pm-2am. For the first 2 hours she wasnt too bad. Then 1am kicked in and all hell broke loose. Finally at 2am I woke Rob up and said "Your Turn!" We tried burping her, we tried holding her in this position, in that position, standing up, sitting down, she was in her crib, she was out of the crib. What in the world is wrong? Rob was going on and on about how the nurses lied about how good she was in the hospital. I went to sleep till about 3am. I could hear her and I could sense Robs frustration. I also heard him say he was about to feed Kailey to Rufus so I took her so he could sleep and I just laid her on my chest in bed. She feel asleep from 3:30-5:30am just like that. I put her in her crib and she slept till 11am. Woo Hoo!

We looked like hell though. I never saw either of us look so tired. We took advantage and slept while she did. This tougher than we thought.

1 comment:

Jacki McHale said...

I am sure now with 2 weeks home under your belts. You are both pros at doing it all, even while sleeping. Hence the term I can do it with my eyes closed. Ha ha!!