
Last night we had our Baby Care Basics class. The lady teaching it couldn't have been more boring. I was about ready to fall asleep. She was telling us how all the items that you register for are not necessary and common sense type of things. All i could think about was Rob is going to be ticked that I made him go to this.
Did you know that a kid typically goes through 9000 diapers before they are trained?
We got to get the dolls to practice on. First we learned to swaddle the baby. I did it first and then had Rob do it. He forgot one step and had the kid wrapped all goofy. He had me cracking up. Then he started to whisper to me how the class we were in was racist. All the babies were taken except the little black one and how lonely that little baby looked.
The lady went over how to pick up a baby but no one used the dolls for this and then she showed us how to give a sponge bath. Once again, no one did anything but watched. I guess I could have made the first move and did it with her but no one else was so I felt silly. We did learn how to change the diaper and clean up that mess. Funny how Rob passed the doll right over to me.
There was a guy in the class who asked dumb questions. I had to try not to laugh at him. He asked how you don't scratch the baby's eyes when you clean them with a washcloth. The teacher looked at him like um.... the baby does have reflexes and will close his eyes when you come near them. The best question was... What do you think about baby helmets for safety? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Might as well slap a note on your kids back that says LOSER! That's the type of person who puts their kid on a leash.
Next week we have a police officer coming in to talk about putting in a car seat and safety. Maybe it will be a little more hands on but so far I was kind of disappointed.

1 comment:
Ok so we did the same thing in class!! It was just dumb. I never went after the first one, we took the class so late, I was due 2 weeks later.
I never did get to the class with the police officer, easiest way to install it. Call and make an appointment with your fire department. They will do it, fo free!
I liked the Lamaze class the best. That one wasn't all funny breathing, it did help. I learned A LOT about what goes on in that room.
Post a Comment