
Last night we had our first look at shrimpy. That had to be the most amazing thing ever.
I got up on the bed and Rob pulled up a chair next to me. I couldn't see what our tech, Grace, was doing on the screen so I kept watching Rob's reactions. He kept looking at me like "I have no clue what I am looking at on that screen!" Eventually him and Grace were looking at my ovaries and uterus. Sexy. Then Rob says something about seeing the baby. She moved the screen my way and showed me a picture she took. The baby was looking right at us. She had to move the screen back and finish up some more pictures.
When she was all done, Grace moved the bed and machine around a bit so that I could then watch what she was doing. Of course I had tears just streaming down my face watching this. The baby was kicking it's legs, strecthing it's arms, sliding all around. At one point it looked like the baby was sucking on it's hand. I'm still in shock. If this is how fiesty this little one is going to be - we are in for a big surprise! The baby measured 5.6cm (2.25in) She tried to get the heartbeat but shrimpy was too busy moving around and wouldn't sit still. Finally - first heart beat was at 171 and the second was at 167. From the length of the baby, I am showing that I am a week further along but she also said give or take 7 days. She estimated my due date is Jan 14th. I think I am going to keep with the doctors date with being only 11.5 weeks.
It was so amazing to see something like that moving around in me and how odd it is that you can't feel that! This made it so real! I finally feel like we are having a baby!

5 comments:
YEAH!! I am so happy for you both! Hi Shrimpy! You are too cute already!
Congratulations! Its Jen, Jacki's best friend. I am so happy for you both. I can't imagine seeing that for the first time. I am sure it was amazing. Bye.
Congrats 'Nique!
Okay, so I finally made a google account so i could comment on here.
That ultrasound picture is adorable. I can't wait to have mine done!
I meant to post this a long time ago, but my computer is jacked up and won't let me post messages ... just sometimes. Random, huh?
Anywhoo ... XOXOXOXO for Shrimpie and Pimpies :)
Sara
Post a Comment