CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

We have a Heartbeat

I had my monthly appointment last night. The doctor got out her little magic wand and starting sliding it over my belly and for about 2 seconds she got the heartbeat. I had no clue we would be doing this today or I would have had Rob come with me. I was so bummed he wasn't there! She said next appointment it will be easier to get so Rob will have to try and come to that one.

Doc moved my due date to Jan 14th. She said they go by the ultrasound date so I am now magically 13 weeks!

Our next appointment we have to decide if we want to do a series of tests for things down syndrome. I always thought I would want to get that done but the doctor said it has a really high false-positive rate. She said sometimes it's not worth it to cause the stress on your body. We have 4 weeks to decide but I am thinking of not doing it.

I had a test come up abnormal and need some further testing so if you can all keep me in your thoughts and think shiny happy thoughts for me, I would appreciate it!

2 comments:

Maternal Mirth said...

You are young and healthy and if you have no family history ... then easy fo'scheezy, mama!

MANY years ago when women delivered babies in wheat fields and any prenatal care they MAY have rec'd included a wise old Indian ... sorry, Native American with an ear pressed to her belly and most of the time everything came out a-okay.

Your's will too. Breathe. I know, easier said than done esp for a 1st timer, eh?

I will pray for you nonetheless.

Just cuz I love ya!
:)

Jacki McHale said...

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts...