CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My life at the changing table

I know its been awhile since I have written any updates but we have been pretty busy over here.

Kailey went for another doctors appointment on Monday. This was her 4th visit in 2 weeks. She finally is putting on weight and is at 7lbs 12oz. Her umbilical cord is now all gone and her belly button is finally starting to go down. (In case I never said before, she had a herniated belly button and it was huge!)

We are however having a lot of problems in the poop department. For about a week we had stopped pooping. We did the suppositories and the only time those worked is when she pushed them out of her little butt.

When we went to the doctors last week, they suggested adding dark Karo syrup to her bottle. Well for 2 days that did nothing. Then one day we had 1 poopie diaper, the next day we had 2 poopie diapers, the following day my kid pooped more than any adult might in a week. Since last friday she has pooped at each diaper change and even while you are changing her, she poops again. From 12am till 1:30pm yesterday, we had 6 poop diapers. My daughters butt is as red as can be and it hurts us to even wipe her down.

The doctor suggested starting her on soy formula and see how she does with that for a week. Of course I had JUST purchased a huge tub of her formula and made 1 stinking bottle. But thats ok, we are going to hold on to it and the rest of our samples in case we have to go back to it. The doctors office was also all out of the soy samples too.

So today I went to Walmart and got a small can of the soy. Hopefully this helps. I also thought I purchased the last of the newborn diapers on Saturday. A 40 pack - gone in 2.5 days. Yes we are changing her that much!

So if I havent returned any calls, replied to any emails, or even answered the phone, it is because I am spending most of my time at the changing table wiping my daughters butt. Poor thing : (

1 comment:

Maternal Mirth said...

hold tight mama d ... it'll get better. it always does :)