CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Non Stress Test #1

So my first non-stress test was a bit stressful! Rob was home today so I asked him to come with. Thank god cause it was so boring. I sat down, got comfy and the assistant hooked me up to the two monitors. She couldn't find Kailey's heartbeat and once she did, I had to press the monitor into my stomach just to get a good reading. So here I am with one hand pressing the monitor into my stomach, the other hand is holding on to this game show buzzer looking thing to hit when I feel her move and then they bring me ice water to help get her moving. I'm a hand too short. Her heartbeat was staying steady around 140ish, then it went up to almost 160 and then back down. This was a bad time of day to do this... I don't feel her very often in the late afternoon. Sure enough I had one little movement. The doctor came in and said that was enough and the reading looked good. I am still measuring fine and due back in next week again for the same deal.

But while I am on here let me just say that every day I get more and more concerned that she is coming sooner than later. This week alone 4 people have told me about babies coming a month early. That's next week people! We are buying paint this weekend and starting the nursery. I don't believe we will be out of our house by the time the baby arrives.

I feel her more now during the morning than I ever did before and kicks are starting to get harder. She loves to keep a foot up in my ribs so I am starting to get really uncomfortable. It's the oddest feeling to feel her moving so much and I wish I could describe it to Rob. Every time she gives a kick, I grab Robs hand and then she stops. I cant wait till she is more consistent so he can see what I am feeling all the time.

No comments: