CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Telling Everyone

This was the weekend to finally get out the news. I talked to a few friends throughout the weekend. I think my favorite reaction was Laurie's when she let out a yell that could be heard in 3 counties!

Friday night we went to my dad's house. He opened his gift bag with the bib and asked what it was all about. We told him we were pregnant and he did his congrats to us and then moved on to his tomato plants.

Saturday morning we stopped by grandma's house. We told her she was finally going to have a great grandchild. She was so excited and told us about all her friends having 7, 8, 9 great grandkids. Rob had to let her know that we would be able to take care of maybe two of them but she needed to look to the other grandkids for her to catch up to her girlfriends!

Sunday morning I took our wedding album over to my aunt's house. As she was looking through it she commented on how we are going to have cute kids. We started talking about one of my friends who is pregnant and I just blurted out that we were. She thought I was lying and I think after repeating it 2 more times, it clicked.

Sunday evening we went out to dinner with all of Rob's family. Grandpa was there, aunts, uncles, cousins.... we were celebrating fathers day and at one point someone was handing over our nephew to Rob and he said he needed to practice and I said that he had 7 more months to practice. The everyone was like HUH? The look on my father in law's face was priceless. I think we took everyone by surprise.

So now that its out - spread the word! We have a shrimp coming in 7 more months! .... God help us!

2 comments:

Lizzy Jane said...

Congratulations Dominique!! I'm so excited for you :) What a great time to be pregnant too. You won't have to deal with hot weather at the end when you are HUGE!! (just kidding)

Maternal Mirth said...

Hee hee ... techno-savvy Sassy knew for a while now :) But only cuz I cheated.

I wish you all the HEALTH, HAPPINESS and HUMOR pregnancy can bring. Remember the humor part ... it's important.

:)