I went over to mom's tonight to go over how we were getting to the airport. I was back and forth wether to tell her tonight or in the morning before we left. I thought it might be a bit of overwhelming news in the morning so after we discussed business I told her I had a gift for her. I had gotten her a bib that said Grandma Loves Me. She opens it and confusion is all over her face. Then she starts shrieking "What?" "What?" "What?" Surprise! We are having a baby! She said when she first saw it she thought why was I giving her something that was meant for grandma. Then it clicked. I told her my due date and how far along I was. Then came the hugs.
It was easy to hide the news of the shrimp at the wedding. Everyone was so drunk and no one noticed I wasn't drinking. Phew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ahh yes the memory of telling my mom...
Ed and I walk into my parents house for dinner. I gave my mom a small box (positive preg test inside)She opens the box, unwraps the tissue paper. Doe! It's flipped upside down,
"Is it a new craft tool?"
"Um no, flip it over."
Screams so loud, my father standing there asking, what the hell is it??!? My sister about throws herself down the stairs, thinking our mother has lost a limb.
Welcome to Gigi, Papa and Aunt Susie.
Post a Comment