CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 24, 2007

May 23rd, 2006

We have known for 3 days now. Still no one knows. I made a doctors appointment just to see what the scoop is. I did my pregnany test and sat in the room. It felt like forever until the doctor came in with a "Congratulations Dominique!" She asked if I was excited. I said yes and all other kinds of emotions. I don't think I had much of a reaction when she said it. She determined that I am 5 weeks and 3 days along. I am due Jan 21st. When she put the due date on it - it became real to me. I almost lost it in the office.

We went over 1st trimester stuff I should know and I was sent out the door with a crap load of prenatal vitamins.

Rob and I were laying in bed and he put his hand over my tummy and smiled. He told me that he is starting to feel excited. I guess it just doesnt feel real to us.

My next appointment is June 6th for an exam and then we schedule the 1st ultasound. From there I will then have appointments every 4 weeks.

I cant believe we are already almost 6 weeks into this! I wanted to wait till at least 8 weeks to tell anyone which would have been easy if we didnt have a wedding this weekend. How do I got to Florida and not drink at the wedding? Looks fishy to me. I have a plan of blaming it on Weight Watchers. I dont know how well that would work. Plus I want to read some parenting magazines I got on the plane and mom will be with us. Oh wait... I mean grandma! lol And I am starting to feel quesy. How do I explain not drinking and getting sick?!?! I think I might tell mom today. Hopefully she can keep it a secret and we can tell everyone else in 2 weeks. I need her to help me out with this! I can't stand not telling anyone!

1 comment:

Maternal Mirth said...

Your secret is safe with me!

I had a big company party to go to and I did NOT want anyone to know about Peanut, yet, so here's my tip: Order virgin drinks (ah, the irony in the name 'virgin' here). The only way anyone will know it's a virgin drink is if they sip it and I don't know anyone over the age of 10 that wants to sip someone else's drink. Talk to the bartender early in the evening and make sure he knows you want only virgin drinks, but don't want to have to keep asking for them out loud. Hopefully, he'll pick up what you're thow'in down :)