
A little girl!!!
I guess we were all wrong. I really thought shrimpy was going to be a boy. Mom met me and Rob over at the doctors office. Everything was going good - there is an arm, there is a leg, seeing the spine and kidneys and heart. The tech (who was so not friendly) said the baby had it's feet together so she couldnt get a good luck. She was pushing on my belly trying to pry the legs apart. Then she had me move on my side. Still nothing. She then then had me pee and come back and try again.
She said she had a good look and said it was a girl. She could point out all the girl parts. Rob asked what her off the record, professional opinion... How certain was she? 95% sure.
I left feeling slighty sad. Rob wanted a little boy so bad and I kinda hoped for one for him. I always wanted a little girl so she can dress in her pink ruffled dress and play with her dolls and take ballet. But I saw his face after and I felt horrible.
After our calls to family and friends, he said that he was excited and it was just sinking in. He really is going to be such a great dad and so good with her.
Its finally all sinking in to me too and I am just sitting her crying my eyes out. I can;t believe we are going to have a daughter!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment